Last week I spent some time in Michigan so that I could "meet the parents" (eek!). For some unknown reason, it ended up being the week of pancakes. We ate more pancakes in that five days than I've had in the last five years! And I'm not talking about the healthy kind of pancakes, but the good ol' white flour and maple syrup kind. They were delicious. There. I said it.
I thought that once I came home I'd be all pancaked out, but turns out that's not the case! So, what did I do? Made some deliciously fluffy and healthy pancakes! These cakes are gluten free and packed with protein and healthy fats.
Fluffy Protein Pancakes
Makes: about 5 6" pancakes
Time: 30 minutes
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup rice flour, quinoa flour, or chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, butter, or ghee plus a little extra for frying
- pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until you have a smooth batter.
- Lightly oil a frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 - 1/3 cup batter into the frying pan. The batter holds together really well so you can make the cakes as big as you'd like!
- Once the cake starts to bubble, flip it and cook for about another minute on the other side.
- Repeat until you've used all your batter. Top pancakes with fresh fruit, coconut cream, nuts, cinnamon, maple syrup, or whatever else you love on your pancakes!